Judy's Zentangle Creations

Judy's Zentangle Creations

Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Add some colour to your Designs

Hi everyone..

Adding Colour looks great.. you can use anything from colour pencils to coloured markers and even paint, its all up to you.

I will be sharing with you a design I did back in May, I played around using a pattern form a quilting book then just added my touch and plenty of tangles

1. I started this design by drawing the heart and the vines I decided the design need more so I added the large leaves. I filled in with pen then pencilled in the rest to see if I was happy with it... I decided that I would do a patchwork look

 
2. as you can see I did the pen work for the rest

 
3. Time to add some colour... I used colour pencil which I love the look off

 
4. then I started the tangles in the spaces I used a balance of dark and light so
that it didn't look too heavy

 
5. here is a couple of close-ups
 
 
 


I love using colour even though mostly  my latest work is all black and white..


This next design is one of my favourite

1.  I have a passion with circles and flowers so I decided to combine the two.. yes I used a compass to do my circles because I can't draw that good.. I always start with it pencilled first then do the main pen work with a no 5 or 8..

 
2.  now it time to start to fill in this design and I use a very of size pens fron a no. 5 to a .05

 
3. As you can see I did the flowers first then finished the circles with different tangles.

 
4. Can't fine the other photo but this finished one shows everything anyways.. I love the contrast of the black and white with the soft colour from pencils.

 
so as you can see adding colour can just finish off a design...

3 comments:

  1. Your work is amazing! I have this image pinned to my pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing some very interesting pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Pat Mathes.. I really love doing them and love a challange

    ReplyDelete