Adding Colour looks great.. you can use anything from colour pencils to coloured markers and even paint, its all up to you.
I will be sharing with you a design I did back in May, I played around using a pattern form a quilting book then just added my touch and plenty of tangles
1. I started this design by drawing the heart and the vines I decided the design need more so I added the large leaves. I filled in with pen then pencilled in the rest to see if I was happy with it... I decided that I would do a patchwork look
2. as you can see I did the pen work for the rest
3. Time to add some colour... I used colour pencil which I love the look off
4. then I started the tangles in the spaces I used a balance of dark and light so
that it didn't look too heavy
5. here is a couple of close-ups
I love using colour even though mostly my latest work is all black and white..
This next design is one of my favourite
1. I have a passion with circles and flowers so I decided to combine the two.. yes I used a compass to do my circles because I can't draw that good.. I always start with it pencilled first then do the main pen work with a no 5 or 8..
2. now it time to start to fill in this design and I use a very of size pens fron a no. 5 to a .05
3. As you can see I did the flowers first then finished the circles with different tangles.
4. Can't fine the other photo but this finished one shows everything anyways.. I love the contrast of the black and white with the soft colour from pencils.
so as you can see adding colour can just finish off a design...